MEMBERS: Sign up to attend this LIVE virtual webinar HERE. Check your spam folder for confirmation email. Problems? Email Amelia at farmtoconsumer.org
We host our third live members-only webinar of the year on Thursday, September 30 at 10 a.m. Pacific, 12 p.m. Central, 1 p.m. Eastern. The topic is “Farm-to-Chef: Marketing Your Small Farm to Restaurants,” and the webinar features FTCLDF farmer member Jeff Siewicki and Executive Director Alexia Kulwiec. We will also hear from Season 16 Top Chef winner and Alabama-based chef Kelsey Barnard Clark about working with small farmers.
Jeff went from being a stressed-out farmer with little time for his family and a hefty farm debt to working fewer hours and the farm generating $200,000 in its third year. Farm marketing to chefs and retail customers is one method that helped dig him out of the money and time hole.
We will discuss:
- Jeff’s journey, from stressed out and overworked farmer to where he is today,
- How to communicate with chefs/restaurants,
- A chef’s perspective on buying from small farmers,
- The legal issues with selling to chefs and retail customers, and
- Answers to related questions you may have.
Our intention is for this webinar to help our farmer members learn from Jeff’s journey and learn how to break into the chef and retail markets.
To participate in the new webinar, make sure you’re a current member by Tuesday, September 28. Current members will receive an invitation to sign up for the webinar via email by Monday, September 27 and can also sign up to attend HERE. If your annual membership has expired, Renew Here. Replay is available for those current members who sign up but cannot attend the event live.
Current Member Benefits
- Unlimited consultation with attorneys after your first six months of membership on matters within the mission statement. Up to two hours of consultation with an attorney immediately upon joining.
- Use of toll-free 24/7 hotline to speak with an attorney if there is a surprise visit or inspection.
- Consultation with our farm and dairy consultants on farm matters.
- Possible legal representation if there is a court case on matters that are within FTCLDF’s mission statement.
- Participation in Member Monday, where every Monday a member is highlighted on our social media pages and included on monthly website posts.
- Advocacy on your behalf in changing policy to help FTCLDF members.
- NEW! Access to quarterly webinars.
Won’t you consider joining our food freedom community and taking advantage of these NEW members-only webinars?
YOUR FUND AT WORK
Services provided by FTCLDF go beyond legal representation for members in court cases.
Educational and policy work also provide an avenue for FTCLDF to build grassroots activism to create the most favorable regulatory climate possible. In addition to advising on bill language, FTCLDF supports favorable legislation via action alerts and social media outreach.