Thank you for checking in on opportunities to work for the Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund.
Communications and Marketing Specialist – Remote Position
The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (FTCLDF) is a national nonprofit 501(c)(4) organization working to defend the rights of farmers and consumers to produce and consume the foods of their choice from the source of their choice. The FTCLDF thus works to protect, defend, and broaden the rights and viability of independent farmers, artisanal food producers and their consumers. In support of this mission, FTCLDF provides legal representation, policy work, and member and public education.
Communications and Marketing Specialist Overview
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Specialist will focus on external communication, including developing an increased social media presence, developing podcasts and/or webinars with the goal of enhancing the reach and success of the organization. Specifically, the Communications and Marketing Specialist’s duties include:
1. Communication and outreach to the general public, with an emphasis on regular improvements to the FTCLDF website and social media presence, coordinating and integrating communications on all social media platforms. Coordinating and working on outreach that may include use of potential podcasts, videos and webinars.
2. Media relations: manage media relations, including drafting and sending press releases, working with Executive Director on opportunities to speak and publish concerning the work of the organization, pitching stories to media outlets.
3. Event management: potentially assisting on logistics for any fundraising events and conferences attended by the organization.
4. Educational development: assist in developing and implementing new educational materials for the organization, including webinar development, and written resources for members.
5. Additional marketing projects developed in coordination with the Executive Director.
– Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism or relevant discipline, plus experience in communications and/or managing social media accounts.
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
– Experience in managing website/social media for a nonprofit or small business preferred.
– Proficient in Word, Excel, WordPress, and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/InDesign/Acrobat Pro).
– Experience with GetResponse or Constant Contact software preferred.
– Good at juggling multiple projects while prioritizing and meeting necessary deadlines.
– Ability to work independently from a remote location, but also work well with a small team.
– Preferred skills include some personal or professional knowledge of regenerative/sustainable agriculture, local foods or related areas.
The Communications and Marketing Specialist is a part-time position, with ten (10) hours a week to start with potential to develop into increased responsibilities. The wage range is from $15-20 an hour depending on experience. As a small non-profit, FTCLDF is unfortunately unable to offer additional benefits at this time. Yet the work is meaningful, flexible, and lots of fun!
Please email a resume and cover letter by June 30, 2021 directly to [email protected]
Join Our Attorney Network
We are always seeking additional legal assistance in helping to secure food freedom for members and consumers across the country. Sometimes our attorneys on staff need to partner with an attorney in a specific state for legal work, and this requires a vast network of attorneys across the country. We want to expand our attorney network in each state so we will have identified local attorneys knowledgeable and ready to support the unique needs of our members. Attorneys working with the FTCLDF help members protect their rights to sell nutrient-dense foods from small family farms, keep backyard chickens, market homemade ferments, and more.
If you are an attorney and would like to learn more, please contact Alexia Kulwiec at [email protected]
If you’re an attorney and would like to join our network, please fill out the form below.
Providing free legal services to our members and removing legal barriers for people trying to raise food for themselves are two of our top priorities. We would love your help!