FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW Homesteader Membership Option Available!
Falls Church, VA—November 07, 2015—In response to the growing number of people producing their own food in this country, the Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (FTCLDF) has created a homesteader membership category.
Homesteaders and home food producers are a growing part of the American food production landscape and face unique legal and regulatory challenges such as issues related to zoning, animal control, on-farm slaughter for personal consumption, and more. FTCLDF is committed to helping homesteaders pursue their dreams of a more self-sufficient and community resilient lifestyle.
Membership is open to homesteaders and hobby farmers throughout the United States that engage in non-toxic farming.
To be eligible for the homesteader membership, the guidelines are:
- less than $15,000 per year in gross sales
- less than 10 acres farmed (as opposed to leased or owned; someone may own a great deal more land but still just be homesteading)
- no sale or distribution of raw milk or raw milk products by the homesteader member (anyone selling or distributing raw milk needs to be a farmer member)
Homesteaders enjoy the same benefits as farmer members, including:
- Free consultation with attorneys on matters within the mission statement
- 24/7 member hotline for legal emergencies
- Free consultation with our farm consultant
- Access to our members only website
- Possible legal representation if there is a court case (FTCLDF has provided representation for homesteaders in several zoning cases)
- And more
Creation of this category is another way FTCLDF will protect and advance the rights to grow, raise, prepare, provide, purchase, and consume nutrient-dense foods.
For more on homesteader membership or to become a member, click here.
For questions on the homesteader membership category, see contact info below.
Pete Kennedy, Esq., President
Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund
YOUR FUND AT WORK
Services provided by FTCLDF go beyond providing legal representation for members in court cases.
Educational and Political Action Services also provide an avenue for FTCLDF to build grassroots activism to create the most favorable regulatory climate possible. In addition to advising on bill language, FTCLDF supports favorable legislation via action alerts, social media outreach, and the online petition service.
You can help FTCLDF by becoming a member or donating today.
8116 Arlington Blvd, # 263
Falls Church, VA 22042
Prefer to make a tax-deductible donation? Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-208-FARM (3276). Thanks for your support.