|5th Anniversary Celebration|
|Join us to celebrate the FTCLDF's 5th Anniversary and a farm dream come true!
This event will be held on Saturday, July 7, Independence Day weekend, at P.A. Bowen Farmstead, the southern Maryland farm, creamery and home of Geoffrey Morell and Sally Fallon Morell. Sally is the author of Nourishing Traditions and President of the Weston A. Price Foundation.
Geoffrey and Sally's dream was to have their own small sustainable farm and produce raw milk cheeses, and it came true last year when they bought the P.A. Bowen Farmstead.
The 5th Anniversary event celebrates the FTCLDF's role of supporting farmers and artisans, like Geoffrey & Sally, and invigorating the community in the ongoing food rights struggle.
Now is your chance to tour and taste the fruits of their labors - pastured and whey-fed pork and raw milk cheeses from a small sustainable, diversified farm.
Celebration Farmstead Lunch & Tour: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Reserve your tickets today!
Register early and save.
Early Bird Registration closes June 20.
|Celebration Farmstead Lunch/Tour |
|The Celebration Farmstead Lunch & Tour Event includes the following:
- one-hour tour of a small, diversified, rotationally pastured, sustainable farm with farm managers, Mike and Barb Haigwood. The tour begins with Sally Fallon Morell in her state-of-the-art milking parlor.
- creamery demonstration video and sampling of delicious farmstead raw milk cheeses
- a delectable farmstead lunch, featuring P.A. Bowen Farmstead pulled pastured pork
- acoustic bluegrass music by southern Maryland's Gary Rue and band
- program featuring leaders in our food rights movement
- fun and games for the young, and young at heart
- mini-marketplace for agtivist tee shirts and other FTCLDF items, Weston A. Price Foundation educational materials, fine crafts from local artists, local wine tasting and more
- P.A. Bowen Farmstead Store stocked with farmstead cheese, pastured meat, poultry and eggs; bring your coolers!
- cash kombucha, artisanal wine and beer bar
- cool door prizes including a $100 shopping spree at P.A. Bowen Farmstead store.
Tickets: $75 for adults and $25 for children before June 20; after that date, prices increase by $40 for adults. Tickets include a locally-sourced lunch.
This event is limited by the capacity of this small sustainable farm to the first 400 guests.
Celebrate Geoffrey's and Sally's dream come true and the FTCLDF's role in fostering many more farm dreams to come!
Premium Breakfast & Tour Upgrade available: see webpage for more details.
The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund, a 501(c)(4) nonprofit [EIN 20-8605130], defends the rights and broadens the freedoms of family farms and protects consumer access to raw milk and nutrient-dense foods.